Friday, March 18, 2011

1d. How to paint water.

WARNING! You could get dizzy looking at the following photos:

I got the funny feeling of being upside down looking at these photos.

I was about to show you my progress on the painting I am working on, when I got the idea to show some examples of other water I have painted in oils. I just chopped off the top portion to concentrate on the water. All of these can be seen at www.feldergallery.com.

Many people have asked me how to paint water. There isn't just one way to paint water. You just have to dive in there with a general idea where you want to go with it. I have tried lots of different ways to paint water in a harbor scene. An artist taking up this challenge has got a lot of work to do. I'm still working on my techniques and trying to get better at it. 

Some of these paintings are very large, and some are smaller. A good painting has to have good composition regardless of size, so you shouldn't be able to tell how large they are in comparison.

Congrats to any of you that own one of these originals. There are others I could have also chosen to show, but didn't want my blog to get too large. By the way, some of these are available as Giclee prints at the Felder Gallery.

Today is a big day for me! There is no longer any unpainted areas showing on my canvas! 

I'll show you next time.



















No comments:

Post a Comment